news and events
march 18, 2021
breakfast event series: engaging marginalised young people
An interactive webinar aimed at students who want to make a difference.
About this event:
· Are you interested in helping marginalised young people?
· Are you a student with an interest in Social Entrepreneurship?
· Would like like to learn more about the most important issues facing your city, and cities across Europe?
· Would you like the chance to travel to some of these cities, all expenses paid?
Six universities from Glasgow, Dublin, Montpellier, Florence, Barcelona and Aveiro are hosting a series of ‘Breakfast Events’, aimed at students who have answered ‘yes!’ to any of the above. This has been organised as part of the severe project.
severe (social enterprise through virtual environments and remote entrepreneurship) is an Erasmus+ project that aims to equip students with the tools to create their own social enterprises, with a particular focus on achieving this remotely in the context of COVID-19.
The events will draw in experts from across Europe working in the field of Social Enterprise. They will share their story and give answers to some key questions posed by our chair.
Towards the end of the event, we will also share with you how you can get involved in the project, and be part of our training programme. If selected, you will collaborate with students in all of our partner cities and have the chance to visit them on a fully funded trip.
For any additional information, please feel free to e-mail Siobhan Doyle, project manager in the Research and Innovation Office at GCU @ email@example.com
* Please note that although this event is open to all, involvement in the severe project is targeted to students at the following universities only:*